In a rush in the morning & need something quick for the kids or yourself? Try this hearty muffin loaded with juicy blueberries & refreshing orange flavor!
Prep: 10 min – Cook time: 20 min – Total: 30 min
- 1 cup rolled whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats, plus a tad more
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 tsp of cinnnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) melted unsalted butter (slightly cooled)
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries
- zest of an orange
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 12 cup standard muffin pan with coconut spray or any non-stick spray. You can also line the tine with paper liners if you prefer.
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and mix.
- In a another bowl combine all the wet ingredients. Whisk together the butter, yogurt, egg, and vanilla. Pour mix over the dry ingredients and stir until moist. Add blueberries and orange zest and gently toss to combine.
- Place into oven and back for 15-18 minutes, or until a toothpick or butter knife is inserted in center and comes out clean.
- Remove from ovens and cool on a wire rack